Important COVID-19 Announcement
Our office is committed to maintaining your oral health while safeguarding our community from the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic. We are resuming necessary elective procedures starting May 14th. We have always complied with CDC protocols to maintain a safe environment within our dental offices. In response to the current pandemic, we have augmented our safety protocols in across a number of areas, including:
- Employee Health Screening
- Patient Health Screening
- Office Social Distancing
- Common Area Sterilization
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Treatment Area Protection
What we are doing:
- Employees are regularly screened for COVID-19 risk factors (travel/illness) and those at risk are required to self-quarantine for 14 days prior to returning to work.
- All employees have their temperatures and oxygen saturation monitored daily.
- Employees are also practicing social distancing by not congregating in common areas and maintaining a six foot separation from each other outside the treatment areas.
- Sneeze-guards are installed in our reception and check-out areas.
- Common areas are cleaned multiple times a day with disinfecting wipes and aerosol spray. Disposable pens are offered and clipboards are wiped after each patient use, and all magazines and books have been removed from lobbies.
- HEPA with UV-C air filtration systems are installed in each treatment rooms and additional UV-C room sterilization is used after aerosol producing procedure.
- All paper charts are left outside the treatment rooms
- All employees are utilizing additional layers of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Providers and clinical staff are asked to arrive at the office in street clothes before changing into scrubs for the day.
- Shoes are disinfected each evening and left in the office to avoid external contamination.
- Our non-clinical staff will wear masks when assisting you
- Facial protection includes a N-95 mask overlaid by a mask covered by a face shield
- Gloves and masks are disposed after each visit and face shields are cleaned with a disinfecting wipe
- Patients are asked to pre-rinse for 60 seconds with a 1.5% hydrogen peroxide rinse to decrease the viral and bacterial load prior to treatment
- Oral isolation and HVE suction devices are utilized for all aerosol producing procedure
- Treatment rooms are thoroughly disinfected with wipes and spray following each patient visit including wiping of all ancillary clinical equipment (loupes, headlamps, face shields, keyboards, etc.), floors are mopped after each aerosol producing procedures.
Our request from you:
- Patients are screened for COVID-19 risk factors and pre-existing conditions when scheduling and asked to reschedule if risk factors are present. Patient temperatures are taken at check-in as a further screening precaution, and they are required to sign a COVID-19 Treatment Consent Form.
- Please complete Patient Information or Medical History Update online prior to presenting to our office
- We are conveniently located next to the public restroom. Please wash your hands prior to entering our office, or use hand sanitizer provided for you.
- Non-touch temperature and oxygen saturation will be taken when you check in.
- To facilitate patient social distancing in the office, schedules are being staggered or patients are asked to wait for their appointments in their vehicles. After treatment is completed, patients are guided to the check-out desk individually to avoid crowding. Patients are asked to wear masks at all times except while being treated.
For further information, including measures to keep yourself healthy, visit the following links: